As per National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau (NNMB) survey 2012, the average intake of cereals and millets was 375 GM/CU/day providing >=70% of Recommended Dietary Intake (RDI). Wheat is the staple food for most Indians in the wheat growing areas (North, West and Central India) and is consumed in the form of homemade chapattis or rotis (unleavened flat bread) using custom milled atta (whole wheat flour). For the year 2018-19, wheat consumption is forecasted at 93 MMT. Therefore, wheat flour is a suitable vehicle for fortification to improve the nutritional status of the mass
Advantages of Fortifying Wheat Flour range from it being a safe and effective means of providing nutrients for improving public health excellent vehicle for adding nutrients to the diet as wheat flour is commonly consumed; is a cost-effective method to prevent nutritional deficiencies; and nutrient losses take place during milling of wheat. Further, Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 added to wheat flour is important for fighting anaemia and enhances blood formation. Fortification helps in adding back these nutrients.
- Longer lasting premix, due to reduced reactivity of nutrients from environment exposure – from cutting-edge Microencapsulation Technology
- Controlled release of nutrients in food – from cutting-edge Microencapsulation Technology
- Happy consumers due to assured nutrient delivery – from cutting-edge Microencapsulation Technology
- Cost effective nutrient fortification – no investment in new equipment
- 100% Vegetarian – satisfied consumers
- Assured & consistent quality – COA available on request
- Made from safe materials – SDS available on request
- Brand loyalty & trusting consumers – from Fortified Logo displayed on consumer packs
Customizable Fortification Premixes – Tailormade To Your Requirements
Get A Quote
Rice & FRK Fortification
Rice & FRK Fortification The Need Rice fortification is a cost effective and culturally approp...
Breakfast Cereals Fortification
Breakfast Cereals Fortification The Need Iron fortification is already widely practised in many pa...
Salt Fortification The Need Iodine deficiency disorders (IDD) range from goitre, hypothyroidism, c...